Thursday, October 12, 2017

Maintenanc-a-pline

Maintenanc-a-pline.  What?  You’ve never heard of that before.  Come on now….Really?  I mean doesn’t your husband like to make up words as much as mine?  Pfff!  Well, you all are definitely missing out.  NOT!

Well, to be completely honest, I had not heard it before Hoss used it either. My sweet husband decided upon that word many months ago.  See around here maintenance (not that I particularly like that word) happens fairly frequently.  Almost daily I would say.  I asked for it, it helps me to be reset.  Less stressed.  Come to think of it, it is actually more for stress relief because um, I have this thing called a short fuse.  

Wait, that’s not quite right.  I’m more of on a slow simmer most days.  When I cannot function at super woman capacity, I kind of get, let’s call it crabby.  Hoss, would call it something else, but let’s just pretend, for the purpose of this blog, that grouchy is an appropriate word and move on.  The thing is, we are so busy, and when the kids do not pitch in to help, I tend to bellow rather than react calmly.  I also do this to, Hoss, but not near as much as I used to.  

See this is where I’ve overstepped my boundaries and Hoss has to step in and deal with undesirable behavior from me.  He does not particularly like the word punishment though funishment is acceptable.  He likes the word discipline, but well, sometimes, discipline cannot be doled out when it happens and maintenance is going to happen anyway so maintenanc-a-pline it is.  It doesn’t really matter to me the word so much as it hurts like the dickens either way I look at it.  So basically, to summarize is maintenanc-a-pline is when maintenance marries discipline because maintenance was going to happen anyway and there is a discipline hanging out there waiting to happen, so let's just join the two in holy matrimony and move on.
So the other morning I had worked myself into quite the maintenanc-a-pline.  I knew it was coming.  I’d been sick with a sinus infection and toothache for several days and though I had been pretty much incapacitated for at least three days, I knew my bum would lose it’s spank-free status at some point.  I mean, geez, a girl can only be good so long, right?

Well, not according to Hoss.  He decided a healthy dose of maintenanc-a-pline was in order for not doing my check-ins throughout the day and then I sort of lost it on him momentarily when trying to explain a frustration I was having with one of the kids.  Please do not get me wrong.  I am allowed to share my frustrations, but talking over him, arguing or not being willing to listen to his point never goes over well here.  He sees that as disrespectful and I agree, it most definitely is...At least I didn’t sigh or cover my ears or better yet, turn my back and ignore him.  I know, I know, that would not help the situation.  Well, I know now it doesn’t help at all, but I digress.

So yesterday morning I had the opportunity to experience “the Cheese”.  Yes, I know, you all had wonderful and lovely creative suggestions, but he went with his own word... again.  I know, HOH and all that, but good grief, let’s “bea” more original, fella.  What is so unique about “the cheese”, but he likes it and well, it’s his cheeseboard, so what’s a girl to do?  Yes, just choose not to pick that battle and let it die before it starts.

Where was I?  That’s right.  I had a painful….er….I mean enlightening experience with the cheese board that left me sitting tenderly for a bit.  I still think it is crazy that being paddled can actually make me so compliant, but not like a forced compliance.  It is more of a heart change.  I went from being a crabby, complaining wife, to his sweet, adoring wife in the time it takes to experience a much overdue spanking.  I love feeling like that!  Well, everything, but my bum likes it!  I ended up having a fairly stress free day and enjoyed our kids and Hoss last night.  I know that maintenanc-a-pline is not easy to get through, but once it is over it’s a cure all for me.  My heart felt lighter than it had in days.  Now, that is a win all the way around if you ask me.


Hope your Thursday is a great one!

--Baker

** My apologies, sweet friends,I have been away far too long. I looked at my last post this morning and was shocked to see it had been almost three weeks since I last posted.  I have been in and around blogland briefly, but only commenting occasionally.  Life just feels like it’s happening at the speed of sound and I am always lagging behind.  But never fear, soccer season is almost over here and I hope to be back to posting more regularly!

18 comments:

  1. Quite funny that Hoss makes up his own spanking vocabulary. Sam once did something he called a "thanking spanking." Glad to hear from you, but I completely understand about life getting in the way. I also identify with Lucy from the Peanuts cartoons!

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ella,
      Yes, wholeheartedly agree, yes, about Lucy. I so get her! Glad to be in good company.

      Life continues to happen and we're getting through, things will slowly settle, but now not truly until after the holidays, if you get what I mean.

      Hope you're feeling better!
      --Baker

      Delete
  2. Baker,
    Having your very own vocabulary is great. Words coupled with some stingy action changes a wife's outlook in a hot minute.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is well in your world. Sinus infections, this time of year, seems to be the norm. Glad you're better, I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad things are rocking and rolling for you, Sunny!

      Yes, I'm feeling better, for the most part. Seems a tummy bug got me this evening, which slowed me down enough to post and answer comments, so it's all good.

      --Baker

      Delete
  4. I think just like the cheese - blogging can sometimes restore a sense of balance and calm. And it's much less painful. But as long as you have something that works, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK,
      Thanks for dropping in! Yes, it works for us. And it does bring a sense of balance and calm much like blogging does, but you are so right. Definitely more painful.
      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Good gravy, Hoss...I make up my own words also but "Maintenanc-a-pline" doesn't really roll off the tongue easily...just doesn't flow. Hope you aren't on the receiving end of too many of those, Baker. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,
      When Hoss says it, it most definitely rolls as if it's the most common word out there. Odd, right? He says it just two spankings rolled up into one.
      --Baker

      Delete
  6. Oh my your Hoss is funny with his own vocab...Maintenanc-a-pline and Cheese. It brings to mind Maccas do you want fries with that. Yours can be do you want cheese with that. Enjoy the end of soccer season and have a well deserved rest before it all starts over. Glad to hear you are over your sinus infection.
    Life is flashing by so fast here also, can't believe it sometimes.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Lindy,
      I agree life is just rushing by at times. No fries with that one, my friend, but cheese, oh definitely the cheese!
      UGH! Not a good chant to hear!
      --Baker

      Delete
  7. Hi Baker, well, I have heard of maintenance and discipline being combined, but never had a name for it. Oh ouch, I'm sorry about the sinus pain and tooth ache and hope you are feeling much better.

    It'samazing how a spanking can set you to rights. Glad it resulted in a stres free day and enjoyable family night :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to Hoss to name the two! I'm glad you stopped to visit, Roz, always one of my favorite people to hear from!
      --Baker

      Delete
  8. You are totally right, Baker. The relief after a spanking is incredible and it's not fake. We're not pretending to be happy wives after a round with "The Cheese" aka Bea. (Hoss can have his nickname. We all know it's true name.)
    Be good and write when you can. I've been out for a bit too!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there Amy,
      Yes, we all know her true name, do we not? It is so incredible to walk away from a spanking feeling so much lighter. It's an honor that our husbands love us enough to give us what makes us so happy!
      --Baker

      Delete
  9. Glad to see you back! Totally understand that life gets in the way though!
    I find that maintenance helps me too and after any kind of spanking J and I tend to feel reconnected. Glad it's helped you!

    Hugs,

    Jlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jlynne,
      It is so helpful isn't it? It really does not matter what Hoss or anyone else calls it, it could easily be spelled "RELIEF!" Glad everyone is understanding as to why I've been away.
      --Baker

      Delete