Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Sweeter Approach to Sunny's Meme

Abby over at Finally Finding Me suggested I might just do this meme.  Seeing I'm exhausted, sick in bed for like the third day in a row and the meds make me alert, but unable to function except to keep me bug eyed, it is an AWESOME time to do a meme.  So I will do the bestest I can under the current circumstances and if things seem wonky, they are most probably are!

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?  
This, my friends, looks almost identical to what our oldest son
 brought down to me a short while ago, he claims it's his new specialty.  
Peppermint hot chocolate.  Yummm!

2. Where was your profile picture taken? Our front porch.

3. Worst pain?  Last c-section I had, as I came down with complications afterwords.  No fun at all.

4. Favorite place you've traveled?
Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains, particular favorite is Abram's Falls.


5. How late did you stay up last night? Um, maybe 9:30?  I was exhausted.

6. If you could, would you move? We would love to move out into the country.  Would love more area for the kids to explore.

7. Favorite toy as a child?
A snoopy dog similar to this one.


8. Favorite TV show as a kid?

Saturday morning cartoons, especially these two!


9. How do you feel right now? Um, no one wants to know that, so I'll say fair to middling, but more like death warmed over.  Thanks for asking.

10. When was the last time you cried?
Watching this movie about a month ago.  Hoss and I were both blubbering at the end.  Highly recommend it if you like a good documentary.
Though there are a few spankings lately that have made me rather teary.


11. Who took your profile picture? One of our sons.

12. Who is the last person you took a picture with? The whole family.

13. What's your favorite season?
Autumn


14. If you could have any career, what would you pick? Being a mom and I'm doing that!

15. Do you think relationships are worth it? I've learned something from each and everyone, so of course.  The other thing about this one is, you never know what you're going to get: a one chance meet or a life long friend!

16. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be? My Grandma.  She's gone and I really miss her cooking, her wisdom and her comfort.

17. Are you a good influence?  I have no clue.  Maybe?

18. Does pineapple belong on pizza?
Yes, if you have ham and a thin crust.


19. You have the remote, what are you watching right now?
Christmas movies right now, 
but normally I do not watch anything very often.


20. Who do you think will play along? 

Seems everyone else has, maybe Amy needs to give it a go or Ella.  
They both usually know how to make us giggle.

Sunny additionally asks one new question: 

Do you open presents Christmas Day or Christmas Eve.? Kids get to open a gift from a sibling on Christmas Eve and then everything else on Christmas Day.

Abby’s question is: 

Do you have a favorite Christmas decoration?
I love the handmade ones from the kids.  

Thanks Sunny for the meme and thanks Abby for suggesting I participate.  I needed a wonderful distraction this afternoon!

--Baker


28 comments:

  1. Still too sick to play along but enjoyed the read. Back to bed.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Amy, you rest up girl, you come out to play when you're all better! Miss you!
      --Baker

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon...it is never a good time to be sick, but this time of year is the worse. Not surprisingly we have similar answers...peppermint hot chocolate...Oh my..that would be dangerous around me. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Abby, you are correct. It is never a good time to be sick, but this week has been especially hard. Yes, the peppermint hot chocolate was amazing! I think I've found a new kind to drink on cold wintry days. Yes, Abs, we have a ton in common. I almost went from blog to blog and used their answers (that would have been the same as mine) and told where they were from, but I just was not up to it. We are all a bit alike, which is super fun.
      --Baker

      Delete
  3. We have some ideas in common. Cades Cove is lovely and I did love Scooby Doo! All would be well if you get that pineapple off the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, PK, lots in common and pizza with pineapple is yummy, but its not my favorite. I'd much prefer a taco pizza with hot sauce or supreme with all its ooey gooey goodness on top!
      --Baker

      Delete
  4. Peppermint hot chocolate, now that's something I need to try. sounds delicious. Hope you are up and about soon, never a good time to be sick.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Lindy,
      It was delish and the fact my son made it just to make me feel better was the sweeter thing he could have done! I am determined not to be sick in bed all day today. I'm going to try to get up and do a few things. We shall see. Cannot waste anymore time this Christmas season by laying around in bed. I'm tired of missing all the fun.
      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Oh, yes, that is a wonderful drink for Christmas. I had one on the night I got to ride on the Polar Express! I was as happy and excited as all the children in their pajamas.

    I loved your answers, but especially the one about your Grandma. That was just lovely, Baker.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ella,
      My Grandma was one special lady. I would sit on her lap and claimed her as mine from the moment I walked into her house., even with heaps of cousins scattered about. She was an amazing cook and baker and always, always had time for me. It's been 12 long years since she passed and I miss her every day. She would have loved all of our kiddos and would have been impressed I almost kept up with her number wise. I miss her laughter the most.
      --Baker

      Delete
    2. Oh, thanks for sharing that, Baker. I, too, have such memories of my grandma. And many of them were in the kitchen. She had 14 grandkids, but only let us come one at a time. We would bake, and she would take me to the Woolworth's to buy paper dolls. We would cut them out together as she watched her favorite Lawrence Welk.

      One Christmas she gave me a doll with a complete wardrobe, and she had sewed every piece. The prettiest was a purple velvet coat with purple satin lining. What a lady.

      Merry Christmas Baker!

      Delete
    3. I love that! We are both blessed.
      --Baker

      Delete
  6. OOH great answers and i liked the extra question from abby too! - my favourite decoration is one that my bestie sewed for me. He doesn't sew very well. but it is so scrappy and honest that it ends up on my tree every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fondles, that is so sweet! It is definitely worth putting on the tree year after year if it was made special for you! Awww! So sweet! Loved that story, warms my heart.
      --Baker

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon Loved reading your answers and that peppermint chocolate sound delicious.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, it was so delicious! I have no idea where he came up with the idea, but I think Starbucks may have had a bit to do with it! I am determined today to get out of bed for more than just a shower or potty break! Lol! I have Christmasing to do!
      --Baker

      Delete
  8. Baker,
    I, too, have been under the weather and at this very busy time. Hope you are feeling better. Great post!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M,
      I'm well enough today to join the kids for a few hours of volunteer work. I'm happy we are able to do that, was not even sure yesterday if that was possible.

      Sorry you have been down as well. Hope you're on the mend and get plenty of rest.
      --Baker

      Delete
  9. Glad you’re feeling a bit better, Baker. I enjoyed your take on the meme.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie,
      I'm feeling better today. Finally decided I just had to push through. I'm glad you enjoyed the meme. Hope you post it too!
      --Baker

      Delete
  10. ahhh...I had a Snoopy and a Belle, too! :-) And I remember the Smurfs fondly. :-) hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terps,
      Snoopy was the stuffed animal I slept with forever! I am pushing through today! Thankfully!
      --Baker

      Delete
  11. Hi Baker, I loved reading your answers. I hope you are feeling better, that hot chocolate looks delish!

    Of course,I approve of your cartoon choice lol. Love the homemade decorations.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz,
      This is a fun meme! I am slowly recuperating. The hot chocolate was delish!

      I think we can agree that scooby and scrappy rocked the cartoon world!
      --Baker

      Delete
  12. Loved your answers. You and I are a lot alike, we need to live out in the country together and drink hot chocolate - that looked yummy, watch Christmas movies, and eat pizza. Glad that we have become friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Blondie,
      I'm glad someone else enjoys pizza with pineapple! I was beginning to wonder. I'm glad we've become friends too!
      --Baker

      Delete
  13. Hi Baker, :) Sorry about the tardiness! Loved your answers. Your son's special hot chocolate sounded heavenly! I hope that you are feeling all better by now. Seems as though lots of us have been under the weather in Blogland lately. 'Tis the season I guess! Enjoy your Christmas with your crew! Have fun with all those fun Christmas movies! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like several of us are under the weather, Katie. You're right, tis the season. Hope all is merry and bright at your house, Merriest of Christmases to you and Rob!
      --Baker

      Delete