Thursday, February 8, 2018

What's Your Love Song?

So I have been so absentee lately around here and my apologies to everyone.  Life is just, um, life, I cannot even quite explain the level of sickness we have dealt with or how busy Hoss has been.  Just crazy.  Why I sat missing him this evening (working late again) I began to wonder about something.  Let me see if I can word it well.  A friend of mine on facebook posted something about what would your theme song be for....  Anyways, I began to think and wondered what our theme song for our marriage would be....
I plan to ask Hoss when he has some time, but I think an old 80's song that fits us well is one by Dan Hill, I Never Thought (That I Could Love).  I have printed the lyrics below for those who are unfamiliar with the song.  I would also encourage the rest of you to leave your thought on your love song for you and your loved one as well.  If your spouse/significant other would be willing, please share his or her choice of song as well.  


"Never Thought (That I Could Love)"

Can I touch you?
I can't believe that you are real
How did I ever find you?
You are the dream that saved my life
You are the reason I survived
Baby...

I never thought that I could love
Someone as much as I love you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I never thought that I could need 
Someone as much as I need you
I Love You...

Can I hold you?
Girl your smile lights up the sky
You are too beautiful for the human eye
You are the dream that never dies
You are the fire that burns inside
Baby...

I never thought that I could love
Someone as much as I love you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I never thought that I could need
Someone as much as I need you
I Love You...

You are the sunshine in the sky
You are the sparkle in my eyes

I never thought that I could love
Someone as much as I need you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I know it's true
I never thought that I could need
Someone as much as I need you
I LOVE YOU

I very much feel Hoss' love in this song.  How beautiful and grateful I am for his sweet love.
So, Hoss, Happy Valentine's Day a tad early.  Thank you for being my dream man.  Here's to our love song.

--Baker

18 comments:

  1. Hi Baker! This is an easy one for us. (By the way, your pick is beautiful.) Eric and I have a love song that resonates so much with both of us, we've never found anything else that fits so well. It's "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. Check it out. The video is gorgeous as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-EO5I60KA
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Amy, that is definitely a powerful song choice. Amazing that when I began to play it my oldest kiddos came running and sang along. So very cool. Thanks for sharing.
      --Baker

      Delete
    2. Amy that is beautiful, thanks for sharing. <3

      Delete
    3. It is a beautiful song, Lindy! I enjoyed listening to it.
      --Baker

      Delete
  2. AWWW that is so sweet Baker. What a beautiful post with the love song and the message for Hoss. I'm not sure we have a love song. Bear does play a tune on his accordion, according to D1 its dedicated to me. Its called Can't help falling in love with you.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Lindy, your Bear is an amazing softie. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs!
      --Baker

      Delete
  3. I am not sure if there is a song that describes our love -- or if Sir Steve even has one... I don't tend to think in music ... but I am gonna mull this one over

    I love the song you picked !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MS, I do not really think along those lines all the time, but last evening I so wanted to cuddle up with "Mr. Working Late Again" and this song just made me feel so much better and in touch with my man that I just felt the need to share. Thanks for mulling it over.
      --Baker

      Delete
  4. How sweet and what lovey choices from the above. The closest M and I come is every now and then he will pull me over his lap and spank out a song....giving me hints....as to what he is 'playing' on my bottom...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Miss Abby, that is so sweet of him! Thankfully those are the good kinds of spankings!
      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Hi Baker,

    What a beautiful post and message to Hoss and a beautiful song. Our song is Amazed by Lonestar.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, Roz, so going to look that one up! Thanks for sharing!
      --Baker

      Delete
  6. Love this tender post, Baker. Just in time for Valentine's Day. I will try to think and ask Sam, too. I almost always have music playing in our house and think it becomes the sound track to our life.

    For a special wedding anniversary several years ago, Sam and I did a compilation of our favorite songs to share with friends and family. We both love everyone of them.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Miss Ella, that is truly beautiful...a wedding album of songs so to speak, very creative... I love that!
      --Baker

      Delete
  7. Live forever by Little Big Town.
    The song you picked is a tear jerker!
    Happy Valentines Day to you both!
    XOXO,
    Jlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jlynne, it really is a tear jerker! I'm going to need to look your song up as well and listen to the lyrics. Hugs! Happy belated V day to you guys too.
      --Baker

      Delete