1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
Guaranteed tear jerker here is Danny Gokey's, "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again." When my cousin passed last spring, I would listen to this song repeatedly. It helped me to heal my heart.
I also love, love, love, "You Are My Sunshine," as it was my Grandma's favorite.
2. What is your favorite shade of lipstick? What about nail polish? If you do not wear lipstick or polish, what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?
Personally, I rarely wear lipstick or nail polish. Though I do not mind a nice soft lip gloss. If I do get talked into it, it's because I've allowed a child of mine to do my nails for me! My mentor Baker was known for her bright colored lime green nail polish. I thought it was wild and loved her uniqueness. I think it's so up to the person what's right for them. If you wear it or not it's up to you.
3. Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.
"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe," by Mother Goose
There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do.
She gave them some broth without any bread;
and whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.
5. If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?
Favorite place ever is the mountains, so that's an easy one to answer. I took a graduation trip with a friend to the Great Smoky Mountains and it still remains my favorite place to visit. I cried when Gatlinburg burned last fall. It was where Hoss and I also went on our honeymoon.
6. If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a "thing" for? If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.
LOL, not to be rude, but I'm way too young for the Beatles. I really never had a favorite musician that I had a thing for, but I absolutely love Christian music and by far my favorite musician has been Rich Mullins. His music has always spoken to me.
7. Name a smell that you love - could be kitchen, outdoors, person, your choice.
Pumpkin spice, vanilla or apple cinnamon. I also love the smell of fresh baked bread and homemade cookies. I guess you could say I enjoy comfort smells.
8. How often do you defuzz your legs. Wax, razor, or electric?
Just a razor in the shower as needed.
9. How/why did you choose your blog name?
I so wanted to use, "No Cookie Cutter Life for Us," as it was a play on the name Baker, but Hoss said no. He felt we might attract people not necessarily interested in ttwd or dd. So Our Sweeter Approach to Life seemed a bit closer to what a ttwd name, and we went with that.
10. What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Coffee or tea?
So I love hot chocolate or tea which are great with breakfast. Though I love ice cream I actually rarely have it for breakfast. To be honest, bacon is the best breakfast food in my book with a couple of eggs. Or maybe a nice strawberry smoothie made with vanilla almond milk and greek yogurt if I'm in the mood for something sweet.
11. How many siblings do you have? Or are you an only child? Are you the oldest, a middle, or the youngest child?
I have one older sister and I'm the baby by only 13 months.
12. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Honey mustard is my favorite salad dressing, but a poppy seed runs a close second.
13. If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?
I'm stealing Lindy from Downunder Dreaming http://donwunderdreaming.blogspot.com/. I have never flown and doubt I could without my sweet man, Hoss, beside me to talk me through the whole thing, so he'd be my own choice. I have a feeling I'd have a sore bum to start the plane ride just to take the edge off.
14. Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
Rarely to cheer myself up. It's more of an escape from the kids to have the opportunity to be by myself. I'm very introverted and time away to shop or really do anything without someone talking to me, is a favorite thing to do for me. I cherish my alone time.
15. If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?
I'm a hot head. I have alot on my plate. Before I had children I was very easy come, easy go and still can be as long as I plan well. When I don't I lose patience very quickly with lost shoes or forgotten shin guards. With Hoss its typically him being that one person to ask me to do one more thing that sets me off. Yeah, I really struggle here, but ttwd is helping with this, all the time. Answering with a sassy tone or sarcastic remark is usually the warning signs before a literally flip a lid.
16. Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.
I'm not sure if this means one I have taken or one I am in. I have several great pictures that I have taken of the kids. I'm not sure I have a favorite one of me though. Hoss has one he took on his phone of us together on a scenic railway ride that I love, but I also have several selfies with the kids that I enjoy. So, that's about the best I can say.
17. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?
No skinny dipping here. Not sure if I could or would. Hoss would have to do an awful lot of talking to get me over my inhibition to do so.
18. What do you like on your pizza? What don't you like on your pizza?
Taco pizza, supreme without black olives or a ham and pineapple are my three top favs.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.