Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Not too long ago Amy, over at http://eric51amy49.blogspot.com, suggested we repost our most read post of all times.  Now, Baker is young, only a little over 50 in and there were not a ton to choose from.  My introduction and LOL days were the most read post, but those are not really posts in my book, so much as a "Hey, you whooo!  I'm over here!" kind of posts.  So, I reposted this one as it was number 3 and it kind of surprised me that it was so popular.  I think it is very interesting which posts are the most read and after reading some of your blogs, it kind of makes me wonder and ponder why certain posts come to the forefront.  In a way it can represent who we are as bloggers to others in blogland.  I will let you all wondering and pondering what made this one my number #3 post of all time!

When Did........

Not so many moons ago we started this little adventure and as I was pondering things this morning I came up with the reality that I have no idea when things changed.  I’m certain it was and is the same for most of you as well.  So, here is a bit of my wandering thoughts.

When did Hoss become a spanko?  Like when did that happen?  My sweet man who has always treated me like a prize (and continues to do so) and would never hurt me has become, a spanko.  Now, you ask, how do I know this? Well, the man gets a certain twinkle in his eyes when he or I mention words like Bertha, Senor Loopy or Sid.  He smiles wide and is at peace just by saying one of their names calmly to himself.  Yes, my friends, when did this wonderful man find his inner spanko.  As the old Tootsie Pop commercial says, “The World May Never Know!”  

I still love the tootsie pop commercial from when I was a kid.


When did this go from something I wanted. to something we both crave?  I’d love to know when that transition occurred.  It started out as something to help me feel complete and it evolved into something so much more than just being about me and my needs.  It became about him, me, us.  It strengthened our resolve to not be a statistic.  To cherish one another daily.  

Well, not exactly that kind of craving, but well....


When did we slip into our roles of a traditional husband and wife?  It was something to help our marriage, yes.  But when did it become where I meet him at the door excited to see him.  No, not Ward and June Cleaver stuff, but definitely something that is more affirming, more romantic, more intimate. Where I know he is in charge and it makes my heart beat faster just thinking of him.
Awwww


When did the spankings make things go from, “Hey, I’ll do this for you, but I don’t want to hurt you,” to “Hey, get over here, I’m going to spank some sense into you?”  Like, seriously, when did that happen?  I want to know when he went from spank carefully, my wife is fragile, to spank happy man? There are days I want Mr. Spank Carefully to return.  Geez.

This one speaks for itself.


When did once in awhile “exercise” become apart of the daily routine.  It “came’ quickly, I’d say.  Let’s just leave that one alone, why don’t we…..

Duh, no brainer.


When did the focus change from individual, do your own thing, to checking in and making sure we were both good with our plans.  That need to be connected daily and when the connection is not there it is not ignored, but felt deeply.  And knowing there is a way to improve it.



When did we become so connected?  I never remember allowing myself to feel so deeply and yet feel so much more myself at the same time.  Our connection has grown, but I also feel like we are both still so uniquely individual, but more of who we were before, if that make sense.  It as though by being a stronger couple we are allowed the freedom to be more of who we are as individuals as well.



When did I allow myself this vulnerability?  I have always been such an independent woman.  Even as a little girl I “didn’t need any help” and yet now I crave his help.  I want and value his input and wisdom.  In allowing myself to be vulnerable, I’ve allowed him to be affirmed in his role as my protector and leader than ever before.

I could not choose between the two of these, so I'm giving you both.



When did all of these things happen?  I do not know, but I’m so thankful they did.

I could go on, but I’m also very curious from the rest of you out there.  When did….(fill in the blank) happen?  I’d love to hear from everyone who stops in, even if you do not have a when did, please feel free to just say, “Hi.”  Thanks again for reading.


--Baker

P.S. Pray I can get back into blogging more often.  Life is simply, so crazy right now for us. 
Hearing and reading has been sporadic, at best, on my part, and I'm missing being here.  You all are an incredible support system and I appreciate each of you.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Baker, it is interesting looking at blogger stats and seeing our most popular posts.

    I'm not surprised this one topped the list. This was an awesome post and describes the benefits of ttwd so well :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz,
      I really liked it too and it still amazes me how we are slowly evolving as a couple in ttwd. Little things make me stop and pause and think about how we've changed in the last several months even.
      --Baker

      Delete
  2. Baker,
    Stepping outside to view your marriage as it changes in a ttwd relationship is one of the most interesting things I do concerning us. I find it so amazing to think about how the changes make it so much better. I remember this post and thought this change always happens and then we are surprised. Good post.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Meredith,
      I agree 100 percent. There have even been many amazing changes since this was originally published in May. As you've often told me, "it's always evolving". The growth is amazing and I'm appreciative of those changes.
      --Baker

      Delete
  3. This was a great post, so glad you reposted. Definitely makes the case for why ttwd is so good! Chuckled at your images as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madeline, that's very sweet of you to say. I love pictures. It helps to convey my thoughts in a visual way as well. Thank you for coming by to visit.
      --Baker

      Delete
  4. I love this post, the format, the thinking behind it...all of it! When I looked back at my most read, I was very surprised at many of them. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Abby,
      I was a bit surprised that this topped the list, because it was just me throwing my thoughts and amazement out there of all the changes that we'd noticed.
      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Baker, great to reread this post. TTWD does make us stop and wonder how did we get here.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Miss Lindy,
    I appreciate that you enjoyed it a second time through!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete