Thursday, June 7, 2018

Throwback Thursday...A Thought Provoking Question....

It's Throwback Thursday and this little post from February 2017 is a one that still causes me to pause and consider at least every so often.  The funny thing is the other morning I did try getting a few whacks in on my sweetie....let's just say his bums are of steel, mine are of flab and my hand hurt after one swat.  Obviously, he won that little wresting match!  Enjoy the throwback question and please answer...maybe if you commented the first time this was asked you may have a different response.  A year can make quite the difference you know....

A Thought Provoking Question....
Originally posted: February 26, 2017

My sweet Hoss and I were talking awhile back and he asked me a very thought provoking question. Now, I wish to ask it to each of you.  Whether you are a frequent flyer (reader or blogger) or if this is your first time here, I would love it if you would take a moment to respond.  His question really made me pause and think....
 If your significant other (in our case this would be Hoss) had brought ttwd/dd to you, would you have agreed to participate?  So basically, Hoss asked me, if he had been the one to want to pursue ttwd/dd would I have agreed to participate?


So, dear friends, I am encouraging each one of you to please, if you read this, to respond.   I really want to know what you all think on this subject.  My sweet man took a great risk and leap of faith to say yes to this lifestyle.  I'm curious if the rest of you, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would you have reacted?  Had it been the other way around would you have gone along with this wild and crazy ride?  I know I told Hoss I would.

And for those of you where it was just an original part of the plan (ie you knew before you got hitched or got together) how did you respond?  Did it take time for you to adjust?  Were you an eager and willing participant from the get go?

So, folks, flood the blog with your take on this question.  There's really no wrong answer to this question, so have at it.  I'd really love to hear your opinions!  Thanks!

Thanks, so much to Windy for her suggestion of rerunning this particular Throwback Thursday post!
--Baker

22 comments:

  1. Hi Baker,

    I'm enjoying these Throwback Thursday posts. This is such a great question! In our case we kind of came to ttwd mutually.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, if my partner were to bring this to me I think I would run for the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Eric had brought ttwd to me... hell to the YES! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dying laughing at Fondles' and Amy's responses...totally opposite statements, but equally hilarious. I can't even write what my own response is because I am laughing. I will be back later to write mine. LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this one, Baker! Don't recall how I answered your question at the time, but I hope I would have listened and tried to understand Sam just like he did for me.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Ella,
      I totally think you would have listened, researched and studied too.
      --Baker

      Delete
  6. Okay, done laughing, will now give my take on this. I believe if Storm would have brought dd to me, I would initially have been insulted and taken it very personal that he thought I needed to change my behavior. So I would have needed some reassurance from him first.... I don't even know what kind, but something. On the other hand, if he gave me the website to read .... I think I would have come around and wanted to do it as well because of the way dd makes the woman/wife feel .... I wanted those feelings and still want them.

    Really really good topic here, Baker. Thanks for re-posting this one! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Windy,
      Happy to give you a giggle and it is a really interesting question that I had to ponder too.
      --Baker

      Delete
  7. Not on your Nellie! I wanted the spanking bit but not the whole nine yards, thank you very much. As it happened, ttwd just evolved all on its own, as Harry became more and more assertive.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not clear on your question - well, I think I am, but let me throw you a curb here. You're asking if Nick had come to me and said he wanted to be an HOH and spank me what would I have said? For me the answer to that one is yes, of course - I was born a spanko. But let me really turn the question around. What if your man came to you and said HE wanted YOU to be the HOH and hold him accountable and spank HIM when it was necessary. Doesn't sound so hot, does it? But there are men who crave this just as we do. If it was something he really wanted and needed in his life, would you have said yes to him as he did to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, PK, the question could go either way. I think I would have a hard time going against the grain for our relationship. Interesting perspective.
      --Baker

      Delete
  9. I would have jumped on board in a heart beat! Frank was fairly HoH when we first got together given our age difference at the time and his upbringing. As I grew into myself, I got more 'dominant' but I think I would have readily accepted ttwd if he'd brought it to me no matter the stage we were in.

    ... great question Baker & Hoss ... glad to have you back and posting, Baker! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back. Thanks, NJ, I got too big for my boots too! Until DD anyways.
      --Baker

      Delete
  10. I remember this post!
    I said before, my man always said he was going to spank me...and did....not really an organized thing. However I was always a spanko....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle, I love when you said it was never an organized thing...that cracked me up.
      --Baker

      Delete
  11. I remember this post. So, for me, someone who has always known deep down that I wanted to be spanked though mostly enjoys it for the connection and for the fun and playfulness...if my husband had approached me and said he wanted to be the HOH and start TTWD I would have agreed whole heartedly and we would have communicated how discipline would have worked in our lives for our relationship. If he asked me to be the HOH or asked me to spank him this would have been much more difficult for me; however, if it was a part of him I would certainly try because I love him...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes perfect sense to me!

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete