Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pushing Reset

So, you all know I've been a bit absent (not just absent minded, but truly absent). Things have been very crazy around here and though I'd love to go into detail, I cannot.  Just know that I have not forgotten to post, that things have just been such that I have not had the time or the energy to stay in touch much here.  I do miss it and so, I'm going to do my best to get back on track.  So, without further ado, here is something that I have been mulling around for a while to post.
It was a typical Thursday evening.  One that we were all at home, but the kids were watching a show upstairs and Hoss requested I come and spend some time with him.  I, at first, informed him that I was busy, but a short time later I was able to crawl up in bed next to him.  He was on his phone and I went to get mine out.  We often play online word games together on our phones, so I was checking to see if he had played "his turn."  He told me to put my phone away.  I did and looked at him, not sure what he wanted.   Without looking my way he informed me to go get SID.  

SID? I have not shared with you about SID, have I?  SID was an impulse buy on my part thinking it looked like a harmless cute little icing spatula.  I had seen something similar and thought, aw, what a perfect little spanking toy.  Just right for play.  THAT THING IS NOT FOR PLAY!  I know...I know.... you all already knew that.

Back to the bedroom and his little nonchalant remark to get SID.  I began to sputter.  "What?  What did I do?"  Now, those of you who have read here before know I am a sassy girl at the best of times and I can be downright sarcastic in the right conditions, but truly I had been doing well.  No issues or problems that day that I could possibly think of.  I was racking my brain when he told me to, "Quit stalling and go get SID."  Oh, for those of you who do not know what SID stands for, "Silent Implement of Discipline."   

I dragged my feet and located SID and climbed back on the bed.  My fate sealed for no reason that I could figure.  I asked again, "What is wrong?" He put down his phone and said quietly, "You know how stressed you've been since your cousin passed away last week.  You've been burning the candle at both ends and not sleeping, so I'm just going to help to reset you, that's all."  

Relief flooded over me.  Literally relief before he even started.  I had not slept more than a few hours each night in over a week.  I had helped arrange the funeral at our church as well as the dinner and though the funeral had been over a few days I was plagued by worry and concern for my cousin's family and especially her children.  My Hoss knew this and wanted me to have some much needed rest.  He pulled me over his lap and spanked with that quiet and stingy little spatula as he told me how proud he was of me and he knew I needed this, and how much he hoped it relaxed me.   It was a good reset.  A much welcomed one.

I did actually fall right to sleep.  I slept hard and was relaxed.  Like a good HOH, he had been watching me and knew my needs better than I did.  I have to say, we have learned so much in the last year.  We have grown and are in such a better place than we were one year ago.  I was very happy that Hoss realized my need, even though I had not, and took action.  It was comforting to know he had my back. 

Thank you to those who wished us a Happy Anniversary and thank you for reading.

--Baker

10 comments:

  1. Hey Baker...I am so sorry about your cousin but very happy that Hoss was able to help you unwind and get a good night's sleep. Oh and here's a free hint for you...unless it's a feather, don't ever buy 'cute little implements' thinking they will be 'fun'. :) Sending prayers and healing energy for you and your cousin's family.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, Cat, Cat,
      I am stubborn and naive. I always look at things and think, oh, this looks fun. How Hoss can take that fun thing and turn it into an implement I dread, ugh, no idea. Thanks for your condolences and prayers. They are coveted.
      --Baker

      Delete
  2. Hi Baker,I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin and for your loss. My thoughts are with you all. Glad Hoss was able to relieve some stress and allow you some much needed sleep.

    Huge (((hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz,
      I appreciate the sweet condolences and hugs! Yup, my man was very helpful that night.
      --Baker

      Delete
  3. It sounds like he knows you really well and takes good care of you. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story from such a hard thing. I'm sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, S,
      I so appreciate it. Yes, he does a great job taking care of me.
      --Baker

      Delete
  4. Very sorry for your loss and I can see that you gave 110% to your family through this difficult time. Baker, I totally understand when someone talks about a "reset" button. Sometimes spanking is similar to letting yourself have a good cry. It lets you release some of the emotion.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella,
      Thanks, it has been rough, but we are making it through. I do not cry easily, but yes, the reset can help fill in the void. I tend to take on way too much and become overly 'cranky'. So the reset helped with all those stressful emotions I was tucking away inside.
      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Sorry for your loss. Love that your Hoss can read you so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny,
      We are both learning to read each other better.
      --Baker

      Delete