Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Hello,Again!

Hello, again,
I have really loved hearing all of the sweet words of encouragement and support from everyone.  Yesterday was insane.  I’d had been set up with the first post all day long.  My man told me to post it around noon.  Yeah, could not do it.   I stared at that thing off and on all day.  Finally, my man came home, read it and asked me why I had not published it.  I told him I could not do it.  I was sitting at the foot of the bed trying to work up the courage.  He took the laptop, pushed the publish button.  Panic ensued on my part.  Lots of dirty glares and how could yous were uttered by me.  He just went off to watch tv with a smirk on his face.  He loves to see me squirm.


I sent an email to Meredith telling her that it was posted, no details mind you, just that it was done.  She replied quickly asking how was she to find the silly thing if I did not send her the link.  Yeah, that’s me, in a panic, forgetting important details.  I sent her the link and went to hide.  Yes, I hid away doing laundry and well trying to calm myself down.  It only worked until things started popping up on my laptop.  I shoved the laptop over to my man and laid down refusing to even look at the thing.  It had grown eyes and ears as far as I was concerned and I wanted no part of it.  My man told me to grow up and email Cat and Meredith back.  He reminded me I liked them, they would not bite. Oh, and to grow up.  Sheesh, he was being such a big meany, laughing at me while I curled up in the fetal position biting my nails as if the end was coming.  I blamed him for hitting publish.  He coaxed and teased me back to the laptop.  Okay, he pinched me on the bum a few times and told me to get cracking, that I could do this.  I did and all was fine and wonderful.  The nervous breakdown over and I was spent, so I headed off to bed.


This morning I was amazed at all the additional comments.  You are all wonderful.   Now, I was excited to have everyone stop by and visit, but I still need to get over my intimidation of this blogging thing.  I was encouraged to get the next blog up quickly.  I have decided to do just that.  Why?  Because I enjoy wallowing in my insecurities  while I snarf my children’s good Halloween candy and chew off the remaining of my fingernails off.  Nah, because Meredith told me to and I tend to view her as a bit of an expert in this world of blogging.  Yeah, also need to post about this whole new approach to life, but I might need a couple of pints of strawberry cheesecake ice cream and red velvet cake to get through that one as the candy rations are low and the fingernails are gone.….


--Baker

P.S. I was able to push the publish button by myself this time. LOL!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Baker! :) Good for you for getting right on it, and posting once more. It is great that you have your man's encouragement! You will soon find that it will become easier and easier to post.
    Meredith had a great suggestion there!

    There are a whole lot of nice people around here, who are happy to read whatever you post. Perfection is not the key. Be who you are, share what you want to. :)

    Oh the candy, and the fingernails! I can relate to both. I do have plenty of candy to send your way, should you want some. LOL! We had some adorable trick or treaters come by, but there is a huge bowl of candy left. As new empty nesters, (our 4th just went to college), there are no kids around to eat it all. So... it is quite tempting! I must say that strawberry cheesecake ice cream sounds like a pretty great alternative! Enjoy! I look forward to following along with your adventures. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katie,
      Thanks for stopping by again. I have been quite impressed by all the lovely, supportive comments by all. My man is very encouraging most of the time and I am very blessed to have him. I would have commented to this last night, but I have already been informed that he will not compete with my laptop, so my thoughts had to be shelved until he left this morning for work. I do not have to worry about the candy issue, I think I"m candied out for now. Truth be told I almost made myself sick of the stuff!

      Again, thank you for coming by!

      --Baker

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on pushing publish all on your own, Baker! Looking forward to visiting and following your journey. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat!
      It was only from all the wonderful comments and support that I was able to take a deep breathe and write again. Thanks for helping me figure all this computer stuff out! It's been much appreciated!

      --Baker

      Delete
  3. Baker,
    You are officially a blogger now. You pushed the orange publish button all by yourself. Now I have a question for you. After some time has passed, will your big guy consider writing a post of his own?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M,
      I will have to see what he says on that topic. I think his perspective would be interesting to hear. I'll get back to you on that.

      --Baker

      Delete
  4. Well done publishing again Baker, I know it is daunting at first, but not for long and the encouragement and support is amazing.

    I think it's wonderful that your husband is so encouraging and supportive of blog. Some husband's aren't so supportive or don't take an interest. Perhaps you can ask him to write a post some time :)

    Looking forward to hearing more from you :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there, Roz,
      Thank you for stopping by. Yes, my man is very supportive and I'm blessed that he is so patient with me, I will ask him what he thinks and see what he says about a post later on. Thank you again for stopping in for a visit.

      --Baker

      Delete
  5. Hi Baker, I must admit there were times I was scared too, a blogger encouraged me to join something once that I couldn't get pt of. I nearly closed down I was in so much panic. Four years on and I am less panicky and still here. Hope you will be too
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jan,
      I appreciate you sharing that with me. It is helpful information to have and I appreciate it. I'm really happy you are still here as well! I have definitely enjoyed reading your blog.

      --Baker

      Delete
  6. Welcome to blog land. It's great having someone new to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment! I'm glad you stopped by to read my little post.
      --Baker

      Delete
  7. Welcome, Baker! You are in a supportive place. We're here to share in the ups and downs, letdowns and victories. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    SSB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SS B,
      Hi, and thank you for stopping by. I really have seen an amazing amount of support from many people in just a few shorts days. It's very cool. I look forward to getting to know you as well.

      --Baker

      Delete
  8. Well done on getting another post up so soon. I ran away and hid after hitting the orange button for the first time too. I heard all the comments coming through on my phone as I crossed the Channel to France. I needn't have worried, as you've discovered for yourself, there's a warm welcome in Blogland, you can be yourself here.
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rosie,
      I needed to hear that someone else went and hid. I so feel in over my head right now, it's not even funny. Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. They were desperately needed right now.

      --Baker

      Delete
  9. Hi Baker, nice to see another blogger has joined us. I think we were all scared at first and hesitated to push the publish button. It becomes second nature though after a while as everyone is so encouraging. Good luck with your journey with DD/TTWD. we are all here if you need support or questions answered.
    Hugs Lindy from
    DOWNUNDER DREAMING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindy,
      I always have questions and ask way too many. Thank you for your encouragement. I genuinely appreciate all the sweet words and support I've been receiving. It will probably take me a little longer than most to get over my hesitation, but I'm sure I'll get there. I'm shy by nature and really and truly find this all, so excited and yet so overwhelming at precisely the same time. Thank you for stopping by.
      --Baker

      Delete